This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

nVidia
  • searchfgold6789searchfgold6789 January 2011
    I got the correct .run driver package for linux from the nVidia website, but it says I cannot be running an x session while running the installer for the drivers. How can I login without starting X?
  • michaelkbischofmichaelkbischof January 2011
    Easy: you log out of the present session. Then you are without a visible screen and can login again. ,,Normally" one could do it as well like this:
    into a root Konsole you type ,,init 3" which stops the X-server. Then you have to serve the processing of compiling the driver package by konsole means. This I tried today in vain under Mandriva. With Slitaz it is much easier as they already offer a ready driver via tazhw. Just click on ,,nvidia" under ,,Hardware". The rest is automatic.
    But => again you have to leave the session for a moment to adjust the Xserver anew.
  • searchfgold6789searchfgold6789 January 2011
    Well what I was looking for was the ctrl-alt-backspace trick, which I eventually found on the internet but thanks for the post!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social