This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Bluefish 2.0.2 makes the taskbar disappear
  • ugopugop December 2010
    Hello, 

I just installed latest cooking version on an old IBM laptop. Everything runs fine except when I try to install the bluefish 2.0.2 editor package. The installation makes the taskbar disappear and I am not able to get it back. Is there any workaround for this? I have not found mention of this on the forum so peraphs I am the only one experiencing this problem.

Thanks. 

Ugop
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za December 2010
    It. happens... Not exactly sure why, but sometimes lxpanel just crashes. It's not very common, but it happend often enough for me to make a way to restart it when it does.

What I did was right click on the desktop, go to openbox-->openbox menu and added the follow under text editor in the favorite applications menu:

<item label="Text Editor">
    <action name="Execute"><command>editor</command></action>
    </item>
    <item label="Lxpanel">
    <action name="Execute"><command>lxpanel</command></action>
    </item>

I saved the changes and closed the editor. Next I right click the desktop again and went to openbox-->restart. Now whenever the panel crashes, I just have to right click on the desktop and go to Favorite Applications--->Lxpanel to restart it.
  • ugopugop December 2010
    Thanks Trixar_za, I tried with the lxpanel restart but after a quick blinck the taskbar disappers again and there is no way to get it back. Also the icons on the desktop go away so I think it has to be some issues with the bluefish 2.0.2 package (or some dependencies) since all comes back to normal if I remove the package.

Found also a post in the french forum regarding the same problem with bluefish 2.0.2 so probably it is a minor bug, hope it will be fixed in future releases.

Ugop

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social