This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Code Blocks Problem
  • EythymiosEythymios December 2010
    Hi,

i'm new to slitaz. I wanna use it for c/c++ development. I'm using the root user and i tried to install codeblocks as my ide but i don't think it's being installed correctly. No plugins are present, no templates and i can't do anything on it. I've already installed the toolchain and some other packages that are related but i can't make codeblocks compile anything. The real problem is that it doesn't give me any error message so i could find out what is wrong.

Any help would be appreciated !
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za December 2010
    Try starting codeblocks in terminal and see if it throws any errors while loading and when you try to do stuff.

The most common cause is normally a missing dependency that the packager forgot to add as a requirement.
    The packager reports that everything is fine but a lot of files aren't extracted where they' re supposed to be. I think it might have something to do with the user files not being created correctly for any user (including root) during installation and/or wrong installation script for the package. Tried to move the files where they're supposed to be but still it doesn't find the plugins. Can't think of anything else. Maybe i should try the stable version instead ?
    I finally managed to find some warnings during the installation. Hope they help ...

Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/pcmanfm.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-directory/normal" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an old media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
    Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/pcmanfm-find.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-directory/normal" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an old media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
    Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/pcmanfm-folder-handler.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-directory/gnome-default-handler" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an old media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
    Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/pcmanfm-folder-handler.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-directory/normal" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an old media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za December 2010
    @Eythymois Seems they recently fixed codeblocks and you're right - they forgot certain files and directories. Here's the link to the wok receipt --> http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/rev/a251caa1f12a

Hopefully it's rebuilt as a package now, so try updating your repository list and then tazpkg get-install codeblocks --forced to reinstall it. Hopefully it's fixed now.
    Yes finally it's fixed ! Good to see this distro is so actively maintained. Cheers !
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social