This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Is it possible to make a slitaz netbook like ubuntu ?
  • Nirgal_TharsisNirgal_Tharsis December 2010
    Hello,

I'm a new tazuser and I find this distribution very nice.

My mother in law want a computer very simple to use. So, I tried a lot of distros and I fall on ubuntu netbook remix.
    The problem of this one is it's weight. It's too heavy for the laptop I found for her.

I ask again : "Is it possible to make a slitaz netbook like ubuntu ?"
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za December 2010
    If you want to put some work into it. My friend runs xfce and enlightenment with his Ubuntu and both are available with Slitaz, so with a little effort, you can make the distro act similar to the Ubuntu netbook remix.
  • mojomojo December 2010
    A lighter weight alternative to UNR is Lubuntu 10.04 Lucid LTS booting into the Lubuntu Netbook desktop.
    It has a top tabbed/menu desktop with large icons,standard menu on lxpanel is still functional.
    Don't install or upgrade to Lubuntu 10.11 Maverick Meerkat, too many bugs still to be smashed.
  • kultexkultex December 2010
    I dont see any advantage in Ubuntu Netbook Remix - just install wbar in Slitaz and still the greatest computer nobs like a friend of mine are very happy and find it very easy to use

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social