This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

tazpkg upgrade breaks slitaz
  • ms3811ms3811 November 2010
    I just did a tazpkg upgrade because I couldn't get linux-mmc modules (mmc-core, mmc-block, sdhci, sdhci-pci, etc.) to work on cooking. And it ended up breaking my install. Now I can only get as far as the text login. Xorg does not load, neither do dbus, hald, slim. The login screen shows up as "(none) login:".

Not sure if anybody else faced this issue. I will try to look into this deeper tomorrow.
    I saw that post earlier. This was a working machine that I screwed up.

So you are saying I will need to reinstall the box? Not a big deal, but I just spent 2 hours the other day making it all pretty and nice :(!
  • kultexkultex November 2010
    if you can login try uname -r
    and if you have kernel 2.6.34 I think its better to start new with kernel 2.6.36

but pherhaps there are more competent persons to answer this -

perhaps it works also, when you copy vmlinuz-2.6.36-slitaz and bzimage from the newer iso to /boot and/or you just have to edit menu.lst
    Sorry I think I bricked my laptop again, doing a tazpkg upgrade! I get an error during bootup saying mount: mounting devpts on /dev/pts failed: no such file or directory and mount: mounting shm on /dev/tmpfs failed: no such file or directory.
    @kultex, copying vmlinuz-2.6.36-slitaz to /boot fixes the break. Thanks.
  • SteveRaySteveRay November 2010
    ms3811: Is drive space an issue? Ohh, never mind, I see you got it fixed now.
  • nirmalhnirmalh November 2010
    Yesterday night i could not login to x ; so now i have to cp vmlinuz-2.6.36-slitaz to /boot to fix my system.
    singingBird
  • kultexkultex November 2010
    depends - what did you do? are you using cooking?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social