This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Opinion on Dvb Tuners
  • DeagonDeagon November 2010
    Whilst i know i could get most of the hardware on my HP Iq772.uk running relatively easily. My only doubt is getting the in built ASUStek Tiger combi (Hybrid Analogue/ Digital) TV card working in slitaz and i dont know of any MCE applications on the repository. I wouldnt mind cooking MythTv or something (open to suggestions) since i know how to compile source.

This is my TV pc and has a proud position in the living room. Hence why i have never bothered ditching windows vista from this machine so far. Tv is an essential. On a side note, the only other piece of hardware i dont expect to work is the bluetooth but i couldnt really care about it. :P

I have tried LinuxMCE (on my old tv pc) and i didnt care much for it. In my opinion it was just a cut down version of Ubuntu with MythTV pre~loaded. If i was wanting a Debian based linux, i would just use Debian. (Ah, the distro that i first fell in love with) since (K)+Ubuntu is too user friendly to feel like a real distro and is a bit more resource hungry.

So whats the opinion of the Slitaz community? Will this device work, is it even possible to make it work and if so, are there any good MCE apps that accept input from MCE remotes in the Slitaz repo's? I just dont fancy formatting a pc thats gots 500gb of stuff to be backed up first unless i'm quite sure i can get the tv working first.

The Device in question:
    ASUSTeK Tiger Capture Device
    PCI\VEN_1131 & DEV_7133 & SUBSYS_48711043 & REV_D1
  • DeagonDeagon November 2010
    Going to do a test install on a 4gb m2 memory card with this machine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social