This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Remastering technics (without CD, changing menu from Tazx etc.)
  • ouioui October 2010
    Hi

As my msg on the French forum from last week did get no answer, I repeat it in my bad English here:

After a CD start to get a fresh system and very more than one hour to increase the system with new packages the liveCD routine refuses to continue because my CD drive is broken and the USB CD drive with which I did boot is not recognize because it is not mounted but after it is mounted can not be used because it is mounted, a really silly dilly situation!

a/ how to do to avoid that difficulty?

of course as the solution is not known, I did quit the session so that all the work was forgotten including the exact new configuration I did create!

where is the list of installed packages to find?

b/ how to do to reinstall exactly the same configuration from that list (of course, if possible automatically!)?

c/ as Slitaz 3.0 refuses to start (because the nv video driver was not taken under consideration in tazx and tazx always find that somewhat is not installed or is not good) I am using the flavour http://mirror.slitaz.org/iso/3.0/flavors/slitaz-3.0-xvesa.iso with the tinyx. how to rebuild the usual menu from tazx after the installation of (all / usual) xorg packages (the installation of wine starts in all cases the installation of the most of them and don't accept tinyx at all as equivalent!) that to allow to try to start the usual xorg installation at the start with the remastered CD from the new ISO? and how to add the nv video driver to the tazx menu of the new remastered ISO (this is my main goal with the remastering!)? perhaps it is possible to add also tinyx in the same menu for all cases...?

d/ SliTaz proposes in the flavour iso with tinyx a keybord us_accentos. it is better than nothing, ok. but it is not good enough for a bilingual user French/German because no ç æ ß etc ... (I can write them now because I am in Puppy linux ;-) ). the us_intl offers very more possibilities. what is to do to add it in best position in my new remastered ISO (best position would be default selection!)?

salut

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social