This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Compiling software on/for SliTaz
  • seawolfseawolf October 2009
    Hello --

As I started this thread in the "old" forum but didn't receive a reply, I thought I'd try again when things were a little more active :)

I'm working on a project which uses SliTaz as a base. I've successfully compiled some software on it but wish to ensure the programs match the underlying operating system as much as possible & run on as wide a range of PCs as possible. I'm not too proficient with the ins and outs of software compilation so would really appreciate some advice.

Primarily, I'd like to ask what optimisations, flags etc. SliTaz is built with? Are the defaults and -O2 okay?
    Secondly, anything I should watch out for like specific What about and CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS?
    Lastly, are there any tips & tricks you could offer me? I'm kinda new at this game :)

Thanks lots for any advice :)
  • seawolfseawolf January 2010
    As I've not had a lot back, I'll post what I've used that seems to work and you lot can shout at me for being stupid:

Optimisation level 2
    Target="i386-pc-linux-gnu"
    Prefix used, added to paths
    --libdir=/usr/lib (instead of /lib)
    --includedir=/usr/include (instead of /include)
    --datarootdir=/usr/share (yep, you guessed it)
    PKG_Config_Path=/usr/lib/pkgconfig
    PKG_Config_LibDIR=/usr/lib/pkgconfig
    LD_Library_Path=/usr/lib
    CPPFlags="-I/usr/include"
    LDFlags="-L/usr/lib"

The output is then just put in to a tazpkg.

I'm doing this to make a couple of packages (not) contain a couple of features that I (don't) want. I don't think they'll end up in the repos at all as the vast majority are already there. It's a bit of a learning curve, too :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social