This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

[SOLVED] Installing Midori in 3.0
  • GearheadGearhead October 2010
    I am running 3.0 with firefox installed on a HD, I'm using this flavor because it's the only one that will work with my Thinkpad 600 video card.

1. I would like to try running Midori 0.2.4, so I tazpkg installed it and it downloaded all the other packages in needs and installed them. Now the Midori icon is in my start menu as are other Midori files in my system but when I click on it nothing happens. When I try opening it in Xterm it says
    "error while loading shared libraries: libgpg-error.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Am I suppost to do more to get it to work....compile....config...add a file?

• erniaernia October 2010
    fabio@sl3:~$ tazpkg search-pkgname libgpg-error.so.0

Search result for file : libgpg-error.so.0
    ================================================================================
    libgpg-error

================================================================================
    1 pkg(s) found with file : libgpg-error.so.0
    so i think you should do tazpkg get-install libgpg-error

i have no answer to the other question, sorry
    maybe it would be helpful to other people who wants help you to post the wifi card model and check some log file in /var/log/ for strange messages.
    could it be a powersave feature?
  • GearheadGearhead October 2010
    Thanks that worked, I'm new to all this and staying awake until 2pm trying to figure it out fogs my brain.
    I'll try reposting the wifi question with your suggested info.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social