This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

The game 'Uplink' does not work - problem with libgtk and libstdc
  • KillerkaninchenKillerkaninchen September 2010
    Hi everyone

I tried to play full version of Uplink (http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink) on my Slitaz-machine. But I get the following error message:
    ./uplink
    /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6 /usr/X11R6/lib/libXi.so.6 ./libfreopen-override.so.0.0.0
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/X11R6/lib/libXi.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    ./uplink.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Installing get-libstdc++5 didn't change anything.

Trying to install the latest patch (http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/otherfiles.html) results in:
    ./uplink-patch-1.54.sh:
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing Uplink patch 1.54......................................................................................
    /home/Killerkaninchen/.setup31673: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Installed packages with gtk:
    gtk+
    gtk+-demo
    gtk+-dev
    gtkdialog
    gtkglext
    pygtk
    pygtk-dev

Which packages do I have to install? Is there a libgtk-1.2 I didn't find? What about libstdc++-libc...?

Thanks in advance
    Killerkaninchen
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za September 2010
    By the looks of it, you need to locate the packages that adds those files it needs and ever convert them or compile them yourself. I tried googling earlier and got to a rpm search site.

Conversion of the packages either failed (mandriva ones - stay away from i586 packages) or they throw up unknown dependancies (Freshmeat i386 package - would work, but you have to figure out the missing requirements).

Try search for these files in a trial and error kind of way. If it gives you a WARNING missing requirment for... then it works. If it gives you could not locate /depends, it probably won't work. You could probably also try straight deb files from the latest Ubuntu.

I wish you luck - converting packages can be a bitch, but this is an awesome game. Alternatively, I played it in wine a while back when I was still on Ubuntu - Maybe you could do the same ^.^
    I downloaded libstdc++6...deb converted and installed it. I also removed libstdc++5 - same error...

By mistake I linked libstdc++.so.5 to libstdc++.so.2. I then only removed the link
    rm /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2

After that applications like notecase and firefox refused to start because they miss libstdc++.so.6 (or libstdc++-libc6?) and now I cannot start the Xserver (textconsole is working anyway).
    Is it because the converted libstdc? I don't think that removing the link could have caused this?!
  • Trixar_zaTrixar_za September 2010
    I tried it earlier too and it's dependencies are way weird. I think it's expecting a fedora system or something. I also know that debian based distro has a bad habit of post-fixing drivers with debian. I've had no end of trouble with it...
    Any idea what to do about my current problem? Or should I start a new thread?
  • mojomojo September 2010
    For starters:
    Keep a backup of slitaz you can restore when you break it.

Find out what tazpkgs have libstdc++

tux@slitaz:~$ tazpkg search-pkgname libstdc++

Search result for file : libstdc++
    ================================================================================
    gcc
    gcc+gcj
    gcc-lib-base
    gcc3
    get-libstdc++5
    mingw32-gcc

================================================================================
    6 pkg(s) found with file : libstdc++

Find out which ones are installed
    tux@slitaz:~$ tazpkg search gcc              

Search result for : gcc

Installed packages
    gcc-lib-base 4.4.1 development
    1 installed package(s) found for : gcc

Reinstall it with --forced
    root@slitaz: tazpkg get-install gcc-lib-base   --forced

@ mojo: forced reinstallation was successful...

Any ideas about the uplink-problem?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social