This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Can't get Tazlito to make a bootable ISO
  • DragynnDragynn September 2010
    Hi all, i'm new to SliTaz and Linux in general, so first off let me thank the developers of SliTaz, this is the best small version of Linux that i've found in a lot of ways. The 3.0 xvesa boots right up on an ancient Gateway laptop PIII and runs fast and light. I want to keep it light, so Xvesa stays my flavor, removing a few packages that I don't need as well, and adding gphoto2 and dependents to support my digital camera.

My problem is that I can't make my own flavor ISO that will work for some reason, i've tried all methods that Tazlito offers, and it creates and burns a CD, but the CD will not boot up the very laptop I used to create it. Neither "writeiso" nor "liveflavor" will generate an ISO that works, nor will TazUsb box make a usb version that will boot.

Any tips or areas to check would be appreciated, if there's any additional info I need to post please let me know.

Thanks again!
    Dragynn
  • JackNapierJackNapier September 2010
    Try this. You'll need a flash drive with an .iso of your preferred SliTaz, and ISO Master.

From the terminal: tazlito writeiso lzma
    It will give you an error, but you want the "rootfs.gz" it creates in /home/slitaz/~~~

Then open up ISO Master, and open the .iso on your flashdrive. Take out the "rootfs.gz" in /boot/, and then replace it with your own rootfs.gz in /home/slitaz/~~~. Save the iso on your flash drive under a different name and burn it with your primary OS software.
  • DragynnDragynn September 2010
    Thanks Jack, i'll give that a whirl!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social