This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

can't install conkyForcast...
  • nonteenontee June 2010
    Hello, everyone.

I have my conky monitor system running very well on my machine, and i want to additional the weather forecast to my conky, then i have been download file name "conkyforecast-2.05.ta.gz" from website "http://source.antisupport.com/conkyforecast/" and i have got directory name "conkyforcast" after extracted this file. my problem is inside that directory it is one fire name "conkyforecast" (with no extention) must be install to my Slitaz system. But i don't know how to do, also try to convert to .tazpkg but it's dosn't work. Any ideas or any other way to add weather forcast to Slitaz' conky?

Thanks.
    nontee
  • mojomojo June 2010
    This is a script that requires python
    Most python programs have setup.py for install.
    root@slitaz: cd conkyforcast-2.05/

root@slitaz: python setup.py install

Use README and google search to setup

• nonteenontee June 2010
    a bit more question. after run "python setup.py install" then the command is shown .................

running install
    error: invalid Python installation: unable to open /usr/include/python2.5/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)

so, i'am a bit confuse the pyconfig.h should come with program or i have find for additional install

sorry i'am very newbies user Python.

thanks.
  • seawolfseawolf June 2010
    Whenever a program complains about missing files, use:
    tazpkg search-pkgname [file]
    to see which packages provides it.

See: http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:faq-dependency , one part of the FAQ.

In this case, tazpkg search-pkgname /usr/include/python2.5/pyconfig.h says it can be fulfilled by the python-dev package.
  • nonteenontee June 2010
    Thanks a lot for your reply, seawolf and mojo.

now it's look like everything done very smooth. the communication from my system to the url look nicely, only one last problem (i think so) is to display the correct font to the program, and i have got something look like the system can not find the cashe as shown error in the terminal as below....
    .............................................................................................
    self.logger.error("Failed to load the location cache")
    AttributeError: ForecastInfo instance has no attribute 'logger'
    ERROR: Unknown option in config file: MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST
    ERROR: Unknown option in config file: BASE_XOAP_URL
    ERROR: Server connection error:
    ERROR: Location THXX0022 is not in cache.
    ERROR: Failed to load the location cache
    ERROR: Location THXX0022 is not in cache.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py", line 1553, in
    ................................................................................................

can anybody suggest me please, how can i do manage this will be very appliciated.

nontee

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social