This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

make error 2
  • hello,

Ive been stuck on this all day.

Trying to install the driver for my ew-7711utn usb wireless card. I have downloaded the linux driver, I have installed toolchain, headers, bash. When I try to make the driver, I get...

make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.30.6-slitaz/build no such file or directory. stop
    make: *** [LINUX] error 2

what do I do to get make to work? I have tried several versions of the driver from several sources. I tried changing the sym link from /bin/sh-->/bin/bash to -->bin/busybox but this made no difference, no idea if I was right to try?

help is much appreciated, thanks.

Roob
  • alanyihalanyih June 2010
    Roob,

>make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.30.6-slitaz/build no such file or directory. stop
    >make: *** [LINUX] error 2

1. Readme First
    "Build your own custom Linux Kernel for SliTaz"
    http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:kernel

2. Try
    /lib/modules/2.6.30.6-slitaz/kernel/drivers/staging/rt2870/rt2870sta.ko.gz
    # tazpkg get-install linux-wireless

Ref:
    EW-7711UTn RT2800 usb
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1326232&page=2
  • mojomojo June 2010
    3. Install firmware
    # tazpkg get-install get-wifi-firmware.tazpkg
    # get-rt2870usb-firmware
    4. Load module
    # modprobe rt2870sta
  • Thankyou for your comments. It is working now. For any searchers, the ubuntu forums link is great, apart from in SliTaz, I think that instead of

# echo rt2870sta >> /etc/modules

you would change the file /etc/rcS.conf to include rt2870sta at startup.

Also, you need to edit /etc/network.conf

Under #Wifi connection
    change the value to WIFI="yes"

Also in this file you can enter your essid and network key, which will make the connection start automatically at boot.

I will look at building my custom kernel tonight, because I am still interested in figuring out the make error.

Once again thanks for the comments, especially the ubuntu link... a day of searching and I didnt come accross that?! madness!

Roob

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social