This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Enabling winkey for menu
  • ms3811ms3811 June 2010
    Is there a way to enable the winkey to display the menu (sort of like in windows)? I use the keyboard a lot and its a pain having to use the mouse to click on the menu button. With the winkey, you can use it to open the menu, then simply navigate through the menu using the arrow keys.
  • ms3811ms3811 June 2010
    bump
  • seawolfseawolf June 2010
    You call the menu with the "lxpanelctl menu" command; assign a keyboard short-cut as explained in the OpenBox documentation, the first hit of a Google search:

--> http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Bindings

If the Sunper (Windows) key doesn't work, try
    --> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_get_special_keys_to_work#Enabling_the_Windows_and_Menu_Keys

I've had a little trouble getting just the Super key to activate on its own; I've settled for [Super]-[Space].

HIH.

-- -- --

BTW, I personally see no point in "bumping" threads, personally I find it rude. As when we enter the English section of the forum there are a long list of posts displayed, and it is likely that by the time a thread moves to the second page such a long time has passed that a solution may have already been found by the poster or the situation has moved on. Moreover, there is nothing that makes one person's post more important than anyone else's.

Cheers.
  • ms3811ms3811 June 2010
    Thank you for the information, I will look it up.

My apologies, I did not realize it comes across rude, most definitely did not want to promote this thread at anyone else' expense. Just figured it's easy for stuff to get lost considering the volume of posts.

But, point well taken, I will keep that in mind.

Thanks again for your valuable time.
  • ms3811ms3811 June 2010
    Editing ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml did the trick. As you pointed out, Super key (W) does not activate on its own, ended up with W-m.
  • seawolfseawolf June 2010
    Great, glad it's working!

(I'm sorry if that bumping comment came across as harsh, I didn't mean to be at all.)
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social