This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

install on usb drive from hard disk
  • ossoss May 2010
    I have installed Slitaz 3.0 on a partition of my hard disk.
    Now I want to install it on a usb flash drive from the hard disk installation.
    Unfortunately:
    1) If I choose System tools > Usb installer, no rootfs.gz is found on /media/cdrom.
    2) If I make "tazusb gen-liveusb" as root in terminal window, again no rootfs.gz is found in cdrom device.

How is possible to install Slitaz on usb FROM hard disk avoiding to format another cd/dvd?
    Thank you.
  • ossoss May 2010
    Note: if I mount the hard disk system partition on /media/cdrom, then I obtain the same error after "tazusb gen-liveusb":

Mounting cdrom device...
    /dev/sda11 on /media/cdrom type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,data=writeback)
    umount: can't umount /media/cdrom: Device or resource busy

Unable to mount cdrom or to find a filesystem on it (rootfs.gz).
  • ossoss May 2010
    Edit: I have discovered tazlito. But after making "tazlito writefs" I got the following error:
    Unable to mount the cdrom to copy the Kernel and needed files. When SliTaz is running in ram the kernel and bootloader are kept on the cdrom. Please insert a LiveCD or unmount the current cdrom to let TazLito handle the media.

So, it is a dog chasing its tail. I already have made a hard disk installation, but I can do nothing without a cdrom...
  • ossoss May 2010
    Ok, problem solved. I do not know if it is needed to mount the system partition as /media/cdrom, but at last tazlito finished its work. I think there was an error, and on the contrary it yields a slitaz.iso in /home/linux. Using tazusb mde the final job.
    Excuse me for the bit of confusion, but steps are not so clear for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social