This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Slitaz 3.0
  • xorxxorx May 2010
    Hi,

I finally moved from last cooking to 3.0 and almost everything worked out of the box (even the sound, it wasn't working in last cooking and I had to use root). I had, however a couple of issues:
    - I always get this error during boot:
    Starting udev daemon...                                              [ Failed ]

- I had the following issue when trying to install openoffice. It said it was installed, but it was'nt. I looked a while and it seems there is an error in /usr/bin/get-OpenOffice3 installation script in line 114:
    cd $TEMP_DIR/*/RPMS

It doesn't like the /*, so I removed it and I could finally install OpenOffice.

Hope it helps.
  • jozeejozee May 2010
    Thanks for the report. We will test Openoffice again and fix it. Ignore udev daemon status; Udev actually starts correctly. You can test by hotplugging a usbdisk and it will detect.
  • chriscchrisc May 2010
    yes, udev may work, but my customers are not so sure. can this be fixed?
  • slicelslicel May 2010
    I had the following issue when trying to install openoffice. It said it was installed, but it was'nt. 

That sounds like what I reported a few months ago in cooking snow before the slitaz 3 release.

Does the udev failure mean udev fails to start or that udev could not start something, like the firewall that is disabled by default in slitaz 3 even after people think they have enabled it because it is non-executable (permissions)?

Thank you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social