This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

start menu cleanup?
  • tikbalangtikbalang April 2010
    my start menu has become cluttered with non-existing applications. how do i delete them (and add existing apps).
  • blcondeblconde April 2010
    There are two ways to delete entries from the main LXDE menu: by deleting (or moving to other folder, if you may need it later) the shotcuts from /usr/share/applications (you may only do it as root) or deleting the packages in the Tazpkg tool (like "web-applications", shortcuts to some web sites, and "suggested-applications", after you installed them or choosed your own preferred apps).

BC
    thank you.

the apps were "de-installed" because i reverted to an older rootfs.gz on a frugal install. their icons are still appearing in the start menu. also, how do i add shortcuts to sub-categories of the start menu? there are games that i installed that i want to appear in "Start --> Games --> Tetris", for example. they execute perfectly when run in console.
  • slicelslicel April 2010
    I had posted this information in the old forum.

There are *.desktop files in /usr/share/applications (they do not show the file extension) that you can edit as root with a text editor, including editing for the menu category and whether or not they open an xterm.
    thank you. problems solved.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social