This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

Can slitaz convert puppy pet packages?
  • jozeejozee April 2010
    Puppy has a simple pet2tgz script. Use it to convert .pet to .tar.gz .
    You can then open this archive and do anything.
  • slicelslicel April 2010
    Ok, I asked a number of times on the old forum how to use the decompressed tar.gz but I do not recall any answer. I tried linux instructions from another website but they failed on slitaz 3 xvesa and ./configure gave a sh not found error.

How do I fix it?

Thank you.
  • jozeejozee April 2010
    how to use the decompressed tar.gz

I don't understand what you mean. Just copy them to individual dirs in /usr or /etc . You don't need "./configure". They are binary packages. Puppy packages are self-contained with all dependencies binaries, so you need to be careful. Don't overwrite slitaz libs. It will destroy your system. I don't know about this "modem-stats" package and I don't find any information on the link you have provided.

I guess you may like to let us know the package website. I will see if I can create a SliTaz package for you.
  • slicelslicel April 2010
    Ok, your other post did not say what to do after decompression so I googled linux instructions for tar.gz and the instructions mentioned configure, make, linux-source, and many other things. I will ignore them.

I guessed the intended location based on the modem stats folders and pasted the program into /usr/sbin.

The program is from http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/pet_packages-4/ .

Now I have to figure out how to send commands to my agere modem.

Thank you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social