This is the old SliTaz forum - Please use the main forum.slitaz.org

frozen-bubble package building help request - perl .pod .packlist
  • erniaernia April 2010
    I'm building a Frozen-Bubble package, having seen it as requested for 4.0 and loving it.
    it already works but i need to try to build it in a chroot environment or in a clean install to be sure about DEPENDS and BUILD-DEPENDS, and i must try to slim it down.
    i mainly use tazarch to make receipt files.
    as far as most of his dependencies are perl-packages should i include .pod and .packlist files or should i delete them from packages, as archlinux does?
  • jozeejozee April 2010
    Hi ernia : Good work. clean chroot is good enough.
    Yes, delete any file that's not needed.

• erniaernia April 2010
    there is not so much room for saving space: the whole package would be about 20 Mb and the only thing on which i could work on are sound-files, which are about 7M
    i could cook a frozen-bubble-nosound and two different frozen-bubble-sounds packages which would enable sounds if installed, one with the 7Mb sounds and one with about half the size sounds (if they are not horrible, i have not tested it yet).
    does slitaz handles conflicting packages in the receipt or somewhere else?
    is there a post_uninstall routines somewhere?
    or maybe i could just cook a frozen-bubble package and a frozen-bubble-nosound package, but how do i make them conflicting?
  • jozeejozee April 2010
    Instead of creating two conflicting packages, you can also split out just the "sound" files into another package. Add this package as an optional (SUGGESTED) dependency to frozen-bubbles. You can see any *-dev packages to see how to split effectively.

Use post_remove() to remove any files after uninstallation
  • erniaernia April 2010
    thanks jozee
    pre_remove() and post_remove() are undocumented in the cookbook receipt page:
    http://doc.slitaz.org/en:cookbook:receipt
    may i update the page?
  • LineaLinea April 2010
    Hi ernia

Feel free to update the page. Jozee's probably busy.

Paul
  • erniaernia April 2010
    i'm having lot of trouble and i don't know if i'll have time to work on it in the next days, i will be very busy with real (and hard) life.
    i want to share my work until now, i've packed frozen-bubble and dependency into an archive downloadable from here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/379321005/fb.tar.bz2.html
    the package is splitten in 2 packages, frozen-bubble, with sound disabled, and frozen-bubble-sounds, which enables sounds in frozen bubble.
    trying to reduce the package size i've reduced in quality some images and music files (the 2 packages are reduced from 20 Mb to 13 Mb), if you are dissatisfied with the quality of images and music you can rebuild frozen-bubble editing frozen-bubble receipt and commenting/improving the 2nd and 3d for cicle, don't touch the first one, is required to let frozen bubble work without sound files. perl-yaml is required only to build sdl-perl, if you just want to run frozen-bubble you don't need to install it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

SliTaz Social